Monday 28 January 2013

RAN Sea King 50th Anniversary

I've been working on converting the Airfix 1/72 Westland Sea King AEW. Mk.2/ASaC.Mk7 into a Royal Australian Navy Mk.50 Sea King.

I had originally started uploading YouTube articles of the build, but had no blog of the build, so here it is ....

To catch everyone up to where I'm at, here is a run down on what I've been doing.

Brought the Airfix 1/72 Sea King kit and Hawkeye Models 50th Anniversary Decals.
So I'm converting this



into this



Here is a breakdown of the kit parts.
Basically the kit is a re-box with extra new parts.  The old sprue runners are the same as the original Sea King Rescue chopper.

The instruction sheet is a thin booklet, however there are 2 colour (painting) sheets included.






The Clear sprue come in their own seperate bag - this is a big change from previous Airfix boxings I've built.






On closer inspection, the parts all have molding flaws, all tranparent parts have dimples on both sides.  They all appear overly thick, so these should be easily sanded out.

The sprue trees all come in one bag.






Now to show you what I've been doing up until a few weeks ago, here are my Youtube videos of the build in action .....

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3





No comments:

Post a Comment